"Students will develop proficiency in reading and writing in academic Nursing genres."
- M.A.–Eastern Michigan University, 2016
- Associate Director of First Year Writing Program (FYWP) at EMU
- Organized semi-annual writing conference for EMU's First Year Writing Program
- Developed writing workshops for graduate nursing programs
- Coauthored and presented interdisciplinary writing workshops campus-wide for graduate students
In which online degree program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
NURS 300W: Reading & Writing in Nursing Studies
What do students learn in your classes? What is the expected outcome?
Students will develop proficiency in reading and writing in academic nursing genres.
Why did you start teaching?
I like helping students discover and share their ideas.
What advice would you give to those considering this online degree program?
This is not a self-directed program. Students must have strong time-management skills and an openness to learning and new ideas.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in the nursing profession?
The ability to locate and share evidence-based practice helps produce stronger nurses.