"This program helps nurses to advance in their career with critical-thinking skills."
- MSN, Nursing Education – Walden University, 2013
- Interim Manager EOC at St. Joseph Mercy hospital, 2019 – present
- Nurse Coordinator of the CICU at St. Joe's, 2013 – present
- Staff nurse in the CICU at St. Joe's, 2010-13
- Staff nurse in the Cardiac PCU at St. Joe's, 2007-13
In which online degree program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
- NURS 221: Health Assessment for RNs
- NURS 265: RN Essentials of Professional Nursing Practice: The Professional Role
- NURS 365W: RN Essentials of Professional Nursing Practice: Nurse as Advocate
- NURS 465: RN Essentials of Professional Nursing Practice: Nurse as Leader
What do students learn in your classes? What is the expected outcome?
Students learn critical thinking.
Why did you start teaching?
To help advance the field of nursing and to help others learn the love of nursing.
What advice would you give to those considering this online degree program?
This program helps nurses to advance in their career with critical-thinking skills.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in the nursing profession?
- Someone who wants to help others
- Really good thinking skills
What do you think is the biggest challenge that nurses face today?