Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education Online
Immerse yourself in the world of primary education and prepare for new career opportunities by earning your master’s in Early Childhood Education online from Eastern Michigan University.
Why Our Online Early Childhood Education Degree Stands Out
The Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education online program at Eastern Michigan University is designed for those who hold teacher certification and are seeking an Early Childhood endorsement to add to the certificate, seek careers as classroom teachers (preschool through third grade), child care program directors or other positions related to the care and education of children ages birth to eight years.
Aligned to National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) standards, the M.A. in Early Childhood Education at EMU provides an in-depth understanding of best practices in developing and implementing socially and culturally age-appropriate curriculum for young children.
Students in this internationally known EMU master's degree in education program will learn from our expert faculty who have extensive early childhood teaching, administration and scholarship experience. Learn to apply cutting-edge research and foster relationships with our large alumni network of educators and administrators across the U.S. At the completion of this program, students will be fully prepared to take the ZS endorsement test.
Accreditation Body Long Curabitur lobortis enim ante, eu egestas dui consectetur et. Donec mollis, ante id tempus elementum, purus felis placerat nunc, vitae ultricies arcu nunc eu est. Suspendisse sit amet venenatis leo. Vestibulum tincidunt, ex ac blandit tincidunt, arcu nunc congue orci, non sodales nisi diam ut nulla.
Graduates of the Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education online program will be able to:
- Explore educational leadership roles, staff development, supervision and advocacy in early childhood programs
- Create supportive, educational partnerships with students’ families and schools as a whole, and engage with the community
- Establish developmentally appropriate learning environments for children from birth through eight years, including those with special needs and from diverse cultures
- Prepare to teach children with exceptional needs in early childhood or to teach in early childhood special education classrooms
- Research different concepts and ethical issues in early childhood education using data-gathering methods, narrative inquiry and interpretive analysis
- Preschool – 3rd Grade Classroom Teacher
- Child Care Program Director
- Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
Eastern Michigan University offers a variety of graduate education programs and a post-master’s certificate online. Check out our other online education programs.
All professional education programs in the Eastern Michigan University College of Education are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and approved by the Michigan Department of Education.
Need More Information?
Tuition and Fees
Find Out How and When to Pay Your Tuition
The M.A. in Early Childhood Education online program offers the same affordable, pay-as-you-go tuition to all students, no matter where you are. Financial aid may also be available for students who qualify.
Important Dates for Our Students
The M.A. in Early Childhood Education online program features a convenient course schedule and multiple start dates each year. View the full calendar to locate the best class start for you, along with due dates for submitting your application, enrolling in classes and paying tuition.
|All||Start Date||Application Deadline||Document Deadline||Registration Deadline||Payment Deadline*|
Requirements for the M.A. in Early Childhood Education Program
We've streamlined the admission process for the M.A. in Early Childhood Education online program. Be sure to review all admission requirements, noting any additional materials you should send and where you need to send them.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Undergrad GPA of at least 2.7 on a 4.0 scale
- Teaching Certificate or extensive experience in early childhood education
Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education Online Admission Requirements
- Complete an application online and pay application fee
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution, with an undergraduate GPA of 2.7
- Teaching certificate or extensive experience in early childhood education
- Official transcript(s) sent from the registrar of the college/university attended
If you need to submit official documents by mail, send them to:Office of Admissions
Eastern Michigan University
P.O. Box 970
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Documentation can be sent via email to: [email protected].
Have a question? Call us at 844-351-9389.
Expand Your Knowledge in These Online Master of Arts Classes
In order to earn the Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education online, students must complete 10 courses (30 credit hours), including 9 core courses (27 credit hours) and 1 research course (3 credit hours). Students also have the option to choose 1 elective (3 credit hours) with advisor approval. As an online student you will take all your classes with EMU instructors, just like you would if you were here on campus.
Elective Courses (optional)
If chosen, students may enroll in an elective course with advisor approval. Students may choose from ECE 590/591: Special Topics Courses; ECE 690, 691, or 692: Thesis Credit; ECE 697: Independent Study; or another course with approval from advisor.
Ranked among the "Best Online Graduate Education Programs" by U.S. News & World Report (2017)