Post-Master's Certificate in K-12 Basic School Administration Online
Enrich your expertise and prepare to lead with confidence as an effective K-12 school administrator in this online post-master’s certificate program designed to be flexible for working professionals like you.
Get to Know Our Online K-12 Administration Post-Master's Certificate
The Post-Master's Certificate in K-12 Basic School Administration (Basic School Administrator or BSA) online program at Eastern Michigan University is designed for individuals who already hold an education-related master's degree and want to advance their career into school leadership. No teaching certificate is required. You will work one-on-one with an advisor to guide your path.
In our 100% online coursework, you will study pertinent topics such as leadership in culturally pluralistic educational environments, community relations, instructional leadership, continuous school improvement, budgeting and economics, and human resources principles.
This program is aligned with the "Professional Standards for Educational Leaders" developed by the National Policy Board for Educational Administration. All professional education programs in the College of Education are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and approved by the Michigan Department of Education.
Accreditation Body Long Curabitur lobortis enim ante, eu egestas dui consectetur et. Donec mollis, ante id tempus elementum, purus felis placerat nunc, vitae ultricies arcu nunc eu est. Suspendisse sit amet venenatis leo. Vestibulum tincidunt, ex ac blandit tincidunt, arcu nunc congue orci, non sodales nisi diam ut nulla.
Graduates of the Post-Master's Certificate in K-12 Basic School Administration program will be able to:
- Develop, advocate and enact a shared mission, vision and core values of high-quality education
- Cultivate an inclusive, caring and supportive school community
- Strive for equity of educational opportunity and culturally responsive practices to promote each student's academic success and well-being
- Foster a professional community of teachers and staff
- Manage school operations and resources
- School Principal
- Assistant School Principal
- District Administrator
Eastern Michigan University also offers a variety of graduate education degree programs online. Check out our other online education programs.
All professional education programs in the Eastern Michigan University College of Education are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and approved by the Michigan Department of Education.
Need More Information?
Tuition and Fees
Learn More About Our Affordable Tuition
The affordable, pay-as-you-go tuition for the Post-Master’s Certificate in K-12 Basic School Administration online program is the same for in-state and out-of-state students. Financial aid may also be available for eligible students.
EMU Online Dates and Deadlines
The Post-Master’s Certificate in K-12 Basic School Administration online program has an accelerated course schedule with multiple start dates a year. Get started right away, or when it’s most convenient for you. View the full calendar to see all deadlines for submitting your application and documents—as well as enrolling and paying tuition.
|All||Start Date||Application Deadline||Document Deadline||Registration Deadline||Payment Deadline*|
Read the Details of Our Admission Criteria
The Post-Master’s Certificate in K-12 Basic School Administration online program has specific admission requirements. In addition to the requirements outlined below, applicants must also meet the admission requirements of the EMU Graduate School.
- Master’s degree in education or related field
- Resume detailing professional and educational experiences
- Graduate GPA of at least 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
Post-Master's Certificate in K-12 Basic School Administration Online Admission Requirements
- Master's degree in education or related field from an accredited university with a minimum GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- Two letters/forms of recommendation with two professional supervisors and/or supervising professors that address the quality of the applicant's professional work experience in K-12 setting preferred
- Résumé detailing professional and educational experiences
- On the graduate application, students must complete the personal statement of accomplishments and academic goals portion describing the reasons for requesting admission. This essay must be a minimum of 250 words and will be reviewed as an indicator of writing ability.
- International students must meet the following additional criteria: official score report from either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Test System (IELTS), or the Michigan English Language Assessment Batter (MELAB) must be sent by the testing service directly to the University. Student score reports, faxes or photocopies will not be considered official. Minimum scores for admission are 550 (paper-based test), or 79 (internet-based test) for the TOEFL; 77 on MELAB; or 6.5 (or higher) on the IELTS. If the TOEFL is taken, the Test of Written English (TWE) is also required. A conditional admission may be available to those students falling just below the minimum score requirements.
If you need to submit official documents by mail, send them to:Office of Admissions
Eastern Michigan University
P.O. Box 970
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Documentation can be sent via email to: [email protected].
Have a question? Call us at 844-351-9389.
The Degree Plan for Our K-12 Administration Post-Master's Certificate Online Program
In order to earn the Post-Master's Certificate in K-12 Basic School Administration online, students must complete between 18 and 23 credit hours, to be determined based on previous education and work experience. Students will work with an advisor to determine specific coursework needs once their application and documents are submitted and reviewed. As an online student you will take all your classes with EMU instructors, just like you would if you were here on campus.
General Education courses may be needed for the completion of degree. After admission to the University, your academic adviser will assist in determining which courses are required to ensure your degree completion. Required general education courses can be taken online at the same program rate. For the complete listing of these requirements, visit the EMU general education page.
Ranked #1 for “Top Education & Teaching Programs: 2017” by the Community for Accredited Online Schools