Master of Arts in Educational Psychology Online
Gain a deep understanding of learning and human development to become a more effective educator with a master’s in educational psychology.
What Our Online Master's Degree in Educational Psychology Offers You
Explore the myriad and diverse ways students learn and develop to become a more valuable member of the teaching and research communities with the 100% online Master of Arts in Educational Psychology degree program at Eastern Michigan University. This unique graduate program from the CAEP-accredited College of Education examines the emotional, cognitive and social aspects of the learning process, giving you added expertise to better engage students and shape them into successful critical thinkers.
The master’s in educational psychology online program features a variety of interesting courses, with content specially developed to foster your success in today’s evolving educational environment. Inspire the next generation of enthusiastic learners—in school and beyond—while making yourself a stronger educator in as few as 16 months with EMU’s M.A. in Educational Psychology online.
Accreditation Body Long Curabitur lobortis enim ante, eu egestas dui consectetur et. Donec mollis, ante id tempus elementum, purus felis placerat nunc, vitae ultricies arcu nunc eu est. Suspendisse sit amet venenatis leo. Vestibulum tincidunt, ex ac blandit tincidunt, arcu nunc congue orci, non sodales nisi diam ut nulla.
Graduates of the M.A. in Educational Psychology online program will:
- Develop, advocate and enact a shared mission, vision and core values of high-quality education and academic success
- Act ethically and according to professional norms
- Inspire scholarship in urban, global and diverse educational and community settings
- Bring theory into real-world practice across multiple educational environments
- Learn to think critically about educational problems and design basic research to address those problems
- Strengthen communication skills to become a more compelling and effective writer
- Gain greater insights into the multiple dimensions of diversity and their potential impact on development and learning
- Strive for equity of educational opportunity and culturally responsive practices
- Foster an inclusive, welcoming culture through a deeper understanding of students’ emotional, cognitive, social and psychological differences
- Act as agents of continuous improvement
Educational Psychology Career Paths:
- Program Evaluation/Assessment Specialist
- Teacher Leader
- Corporate/Nonprofit Trainer
- Corporate/Nonprofit Researcher
- Corporate/Nonprofit Program Coordinator
Eastern Michigan University offers a variety of graduate education programs and a post-master's certificate online. Check out our other online education programs.
All professional education programs in the Eastern Michigan University College of Education are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and approved by the Michigan Department of Education.
Need More Information?
Tuition and Fees
Benefit From Our Pay–As–You–Go Tuition Plans
The Master of Arts in Educational Psychology online program offers the same affordable, pay–by–the–course tuition to all online students whether they reside in or out of state. Financial aid may also be available for eligible students.
|Program||Per Credit Hour||Per 3-Credit Hour Course||Per Program|
|M.A. Educational Psychology||$512||$1,536||$15,360|
Cost of tuition does not include any additional applicable course fees, standard textbook fees or course materials.
Federal Financial Aid
If you would like to be considered for financial aid at Eastern Michigan University, you will need to fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The Federal School Code for Eastern Michigan University is 002259.
These Are The Important Dates You Need to Know
The M.A. in Educational Psychology online program features a convenient course schedule with multiple starts a year so you can maintain a balance between work, life and your studies. View the full calendar to find the best start date and corresponding deadlines for you.
|All||Start Date||Application Deadline||Document Deadline||Registration Deadline||Payment Deadline*|
*Please visit https://www.emich.edu/registrar/index.php for Registration and Records part of term deadlines
**Please refer to the Student Business Services website for detailed information regarding payment due dates
***Payment due date is based upon the specific date registered, please visit https://www.emich.edu/sbs/ for more information
Have questions or need more information about our online programs?
Ready to take the next step toward earning your degree online?
Check to See Our Admission Criteria For the Online Master of Arts in Educational Psychology Program
The admission process is the first step to earning your M.A. in Educational Psychology online. Be sure to review all admission requirements, what additional materials you should send and where you need to send them.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
M.A. in Educational Psychology Online Admission Requirements
- Complete an application online and pay $45 application fee
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution, with an undergraduate GPA of 2.75 OR one of the following:
- 3.0 in the last half of the undergraduate work
- 3.3 GPA in 12 hours or more of work at the graduate level
- a minimum score of 4 on the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) writing test; international students must have a minimum TOEFL score of 550
- Official transcripts
- Note: Effective July 1, 2022, the Graduate School will require only the official transcript from the degree-granting institution for admission consideration. Additional transcripts may be required by the program. Please note: International students are required to submit all transcripts along with a third-party transcript evaluation for admissions consideration.
- Complete a Statement of Purpose detailing your professional goals and how this degree will help meet them. Statement should be a minimum of 250 words and describe how your life experiences, accomplishments and interests will contribute to your success in the program. Content will be reviewed as an indicator of writing ability.
If you need to submit official documents by mail, send them to:Office of Admissions
Eastern Michigan University
P.O. Box 970
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Documentation can be sent via email to: [email protected].
Have a question? Call us at 844-351-9389.
Our M.A. in Educational Psychology Prepares You for Various Career Paths
In order to earn the online master’s degree in educational psychology, students must complete 10 courses (30 credit hours), including 24 credit hours of foundation courses and 6 credit hours of capstone courses. All courses in the program are 7.5 weeks in length, with the exception of the Culminating Project course, which is 15 weeks in length. As an online student, you will take all your classes with EMU instructors, just like you would if you were on campus and cultivate relationships with fellow students as you move through the program.
Request More Information
Submit this form, and an Enrollment Specialist will contact you to answer your questions.